Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tower of Hanoi




My Strategy:




This was the most frustrating game ever to begin with. I couldn't get it at all, until playing for a while, and figuring out some patterns. Once I figured out how to move 3 discs in 7 moves, and then 4 discs in 15 moves, I realized that you have to move one set at a time. For example, you have to move 3 discs into an empty pole, and then aim for getting 4 discs into an empty one and so on before you can move 5 discs.



I started off by getting the top three pieces (first set) to move all the way to the right.

Secondly, the top four pieces (second set) was moved to the empty middle pole.

And thirdly, back to the far right, all five discs were moved to the empty pole.

To solve: I alternated small pieces with bigger pieces to get the bigger disc on the bottom. The smallest piece always moves to the right if the starting number of pieces is even; and to the left if it is odd.



FORMULA:



______________________________________________

I tried the last level on this specific site as well which was aiming
for moving 12 discs. But after half an hour, multiple mistakes,
and resetting twice, I gave up after moving only 10. (with mistakes)
So many times when I played, I blanked out, repeated steps,
and had no idea what I was doing, or what I was going to do, so
I would end up going in circles. But after so many tries, I figured
out a pattern! And I figured out some basic rules. It was so
confusing at first, but after a while, you get the hang of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment